2021 Chevy Colorado vs. 2021 Silverado 1500
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Interested in a new Chevy pickup, but not sure which can meet your Wichita driving needs? At Parks Chevrolet in Augusta, we’ve put together a Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 comparison so you can see how these two contenders stack up. Take a closer look at these models in terms of performance, price, and more before you get the financing process started with our finance team near Derby.
Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado: Price & Trims
- As a smaller mid-size pickup, the Chevy Colorado offers a lower starting price than the full-size Silverado. Their entry-level trims start out at $25,200 MSRP and $28,900 MSRP, respectively.
- At the top of the list is the Colorado ZR2, which starts at $41,600 MSRP. The top-of-the-line Silverado 1500 is the High Country, which starts at $53,300 MSRP.
- There are four trim levels available with the Chevy Colorado, compared to eight for the Silverado.
Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado: Performance
Standard Engine & Transmission
- The base engine for the Chevy Colorado is a 2.5L 4-cylinder that generates 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque, paired with a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
- The base engine for the Silverado 1500 is a 4.3L V6 that generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- The Chevy Colorado and Chevy Silverado 1500 are each equipped with rear-wheel drive as the standard drivetrain. Derby drivers who require greater traction on and off-road can upgrade to four-wheel drive on any trim level of either model.
- The maximum towing capacity for the Chevy Colorado is 7,000 pounds, with a maximum payload capacity of 1,550 pounds.
- The larger Silverado 1500 boasts a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds with a maximum payload capacity of 2,280 pounds.
Chevrolet Colorado vs. Chevrolet Silverado: Standard Features
Both the Colorado and Silverado 1500 are built with a standard suite of features. These features include technology like the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 System with a 7-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™, and 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability. When it comes to interior differences, you’ll find a few that might help you choose one model over the other:
Chevy Colorado Base Key Features
- 4-way power driver’s seat
- Front bucket seats
- Front center console
Chevy Silverado 1500 WT Key Features
- 12-volt auxiliary front power outlet
- 40/20/40 split-bench front seat
Compare 2021 Chevy Colorado vs. 2021 Silverado 1500 at Parks Chevrolet!
Apply for financing online with our team or learn more when you contact our team. We look forward to helping you find the Chevy truck that’s right for you and your El Dorado driving needs.