2022 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Info
The up-and-coming 2022 Chevy Colorado ZR2 will continue to offer Wichita truck enthusiasts a capable off-road racing version of the standard Colorado. With better ground clearance, more towing gear, and off-road performance technologies and features, the next Colorado ZR2 will offer you more capability on the job site and fiercer thrills on the back roads of Derby. Learn more about the highlight features you can expect. Then, call Parks Chevrolet at 316-252-0198 to reserve yours in Augusta!
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Performance Features
Available to Derby drivers in the Dusk, Midnight, or Bison editions, we expect that there will be some variation, depending upon trim level. Bearing in mind that we’re not yet aware of which features and specs are on offer given the editions you choose, here are some currently announced off-road, capability, and performance features—many of which are likely to be on any of the editions:
- 2-inch higher suspension and 3.5-inch-wider front/rear tracks than the standard Colorado
- Front and rear locking differentials
- Standard trailering package with hitch and 7-pin connector
- Standard integrated trailer brake control
- Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions Spool Valve (DSSV™) damper technology
- Optimized for technical rock climbing, high-speed desert running, tight off-road trails, and daily driving
As for 2022 Chevy Colorado ZR2 engine options, you’ll have your pick of the following:
- 3.6L V6: 308 hp | 8-speed automatic transmission | 16 mpg/city | 18 mpg/hwy
- 2.8L Turbo-Diesel: 181 hp | 6-speed automatic transmission | 18 mpg/city | 22 mpg/hwy
We’re unsure of whether towing and payload capacity change depending upon engine option, but Chevy has announced that the ZR2 will have a maximum payload capacity of 1,350 pounds and a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds on El Dorado streets.
Other ZR2 Feature Highlights
While the 2022 Chevy ZR2 is known as an off-road racing truck, we think you’ll be plenty satisfied with the lengthy list of standard and available cabin amenities, safety features, and connectivity technologies. Take a look at some highlights:
- Standard Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel
- Available Amazon Alexa
- Built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot with Available Data
- Standard Rear-vision HD Rear Vision Camera
- Standard StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control, Trailer Sway Control, and Hill-start Assist
- Standard Chevrolet Infotainment System with 8-inch-diagonal Color Touchscreen
- Available Navigation
Step up to the Bison edition, and you’ll enjoy the addition of AEV front and rear bumpers, fog lamps, front and rear floor liners, skid plates, 17-inch aluminum wheels, AEV-embroidered headrests, and much more!
Reserve Your 2022 Chevy ZR2 in Augusta
Now that you’ve learned about the feature highlights of the 2022 Chevy ZR2, get in touch with Parks Chevrolet to keep tabs on its pending release date and any updates about new features that get announced along the way. We can also help you reserve your ZR2, so you can make sure we don’t sell out of this cult classic before it even hits the lot. Just fill out the reservation form below. While you’re here, don’t forget to value your trade and see what kind of discount you can get on your next 2022 Chevy ZR2 truck!